Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Wonderful Time

Oh how lucky I am!  I am in Chicago for the next week for the National Education Association Representative Assembly.  A while back I told my friend Audrey from Cute and Some that I would be in Chicago,  (her hometown) this summer.  Well, today Audrey came to my hotel to meet me.  It was so good to meet face to face.

Audrey took another friend and I to lunch.  It was such a fun place, called Heaven on Seven with fabulous Cajun food.    Here we are in the restaurant .   And here is another of the two of us with my friend Genie also from Alabama.
After lunch Audrey and I went to the John Hancock Building.  Wow! What amazing views of Chicago we saw.    
Lake Michigan

The Navy Pier

Lakeshore Drive and Oval Beach

There are so many great friends we all have out in the blogging world.  And today I met one of thesweetest and talented people ever.  I am so honored to know Audrey as a blogging friend and now as a true friend.  Today as a wonderful day.  I hope we get to see each other again before I go home.



 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an exciting day! Sounds like you and Audrey had lots of fun! Thanks for sharing your great photos!
    Enjoy the rest of your trip!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having such a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Charlotte. Wow, you're fast!!! I'd came over a while earlier to comment on how great it was meeting you and how very much I enjoyed our visit but forgot to comment when I saw you'd already posted the pictures taken at the restuarant -- I'd forgotten about those!!! Instead of leaving a comment, I got so excited I immediately copied the pictures and hurried to go post them on my blog with one of those we took at the observatory!!! Wow, I'm glad I came here first!!! LOL!

    I'll call you before you leave Chicago as I'm really hoping for another visit before you have to leave!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the observatory seems to be very beautiful. It looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog from Audrey's blog. :) What great pictures. Your fur babies are so adorable. It's nice to meet a fellow educator.

    Wishing you a Happy 4th of July. :)

    ReplyDelete