Monday, June 6, 2011

Flag Day

On June 14th in the year 1777,  The Second Continental Congress adopted the flog of the United States of America.  In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson officially declared June 14th as Flag Day.  And then in August 1949, Congress made June 14th, National Flag Day, by Act of Congress.

As a classroom teacher I have the honor of saying the pledge to the flag each morning in my classroom.  And as a kindergarten teacher, I think it is important that I help the children in my class understand what the flag represents and what the pledge of allegiance means to us.  We also learn about the rules and how to care for the flag.
The card is made to honor our flag and all it represents.  The papers are from My Mind's Eye and Recollection.  The ribbon and Uncle Sam sticker are from Hobby Lobby.  I used a MS heart border punch at the bottom of the card.  The blue paper was embossed with  the Cuttlebug. The twine and sentiment stamp are from Pink By Design.  And the red button came from my button tin.  I finished off the card by using a Tim Holtz paper destresser on the upper right corner to help reveal the paper underneath.  

June 14th is a week away.  Happy Flag Day!

Challenges 
My Sheri Craft   Flag Day
Card Patterns     Weekly Sketch

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! And, your children must be so happy with you; you sound like a wonderful and caring teacher!!! I believe you are, and a wonderful person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW great card!I love the super colors and details,Amazing job with it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO FUN Charlotte! Thanks for sharing with us this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete