Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Get Well Card for a Sweet Baby Boy

Everyone at the Whimsical Wednesdays Challenge Blog is coming together to help brighten the spirits of a dear, much loved little boy.  His name is Angelo.  He has recently gone through brain surgery.  And, next week he will begin chemotherapy.  This is too much for anyone to contend with, much less a little toddler.
Angelo is the grandson of Margie, from   Bella Bug Creations.  You can read more about Angelo here.  We, the Design Team here are making cards for Angelo.  He is the card I have made.  I hope it will help bring a smile to his sweet little face at this difficult time.

I used decorative papers from DCWV and My Mind's Eye.  The solid colors are from The Paper Company.  This cute little raccoon is from the Camping Critters cartridge.  Isn't her just adorable.  Now to make the card fun for a little boy, I decided to make it a slider pop-up card.  There is a great tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers website.  When you pull the tab of the card at the bottom, this is what you get.
Isn't this the cutest thing, the way the little raccoon on his bike is standing!!  I just love it.  It makes it look as if that little raccoon is about to ride right off the card. 

 And the other thing I like is that the sentiment is a little hidden surprise.  But, once the card is standing the sentiment is up front and in plain view.
I used the Paper Lace cartridge to cut the sentiment.  I just thought that the font was perfect for the card.  
Now, here is a side view so you can see how the card is standing.
This is a fun and easy card to make. I will be doing many more.  I invite you to join us in making cards for little Angelo.  I know that he and his family would be so appreciative.   Go over to Whimsical Wednesdays and see what the Design Teams has created.

Enjoy the card and get well soon, baby boy.  We are all pulling for you. 




19 comments:

  1. Oh wow, such a FABULOUS card you've created...love it. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I love the easel style! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that is so sweet of you guys!! I love your card by the way!! I imagine he will too!! Thanks for doing something so thoughtful!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is so sweet! This card is adorable, I'm sure it will brighten his day! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte! That racoon is just the sweetest thing ever!!!! Angelo is going to get a kick out of it! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte,
    Oh how cute is your critter on his bike! Let alone the colors and the cuts but the pop up card idea! I love it! I am sure Angelo's family will too! Love all the details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card,that racoon is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card. I am doing that challenge tonight and I have my Create a Critter cart waiting ready for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool card! I love that it pulls out on the bottom and the raccoon is perfect. I wouldn't worry to much about not getting your post up right away. Things happen that we can't control and everyone should know that. I am glad to see it though because it is a really cool card! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, what a fabulous idea to do a slider pop-up! that racoon is the cutest ever! I love this and so will Angelo! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Charlotte, your card turned out terrific! that racoon is just so adorable & your background paper so fun. Love that you made it a pop up card. Angelo is sure to love it & have fun with that feature.
    As always, you did a great job.
    Love seeing what you do every time.
    Big hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card for Angelo. I am sure he is going to get a kick out of it. Nice job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card!! I'm sure Angelo is going to love it!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely darling! Thank you so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday for this special little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, this is so perfect for that sweet little boy! A raccoon on a bicycle.. how could he not love it? Great idea to make it a slider card and I love the color choices. Great job on this special challenge! :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute Charlotte!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW your card is AMAZING!I just LOVE everything about this awesome card.Soo SWEET!:)

    ReplyDelete