Monday, June 13, 2011

An Oldie, But Goodie!

Like so many, I just love old movies, tv shows, and documentaries.  I would much rather watch them than anything new on television, and am  delighted there are networks dedicated to the "oldies".  Black and white beats color any day.  It is classic!!  And speaking of the classics...
Oh how fun this card has been to make.  The tv's cut is from NIFTY FIFTIES.  To make the card more interesting, I decided to put real classic shows on the screens.  Don't you think it gives the card a lot of character?  (no pun intended)  This I did by copying and printing the images from the Internet.  It was a hit and miss moment to get the images sized to fit the screen of the tv and yet be clear to see.  I then took the screen pattern I had cut out with the Cricut and drew around the images, and then cut them out.  I was so delighted with the outcome when I got them glue to the tv screens.  
Here is a close up of how it looks.

The glittered striped paper is from the DCWV All Dressed Up stack.  The black and white hounds tooth paper is from the DCWV Stripes and Plaids stack . The pink paper is Basil.  I wanted the sentiment to have the same retro feel as the rest of the card.  So, I created the sentiment on the computer with the Diner font.  
I used the same font for the sentiment on the inside of the card.
I know just who this card is going to, and can't wait for their birthday!

Challenges
Paper Cutz    Pink, white, and black only






6 comments:

  1. Your card is FABULOUS! I love it! I was just thinking about making my father-in-law a tv card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is soooo cute! My mother in law would LOVE this! She adores I Love Lucy! Great job!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Those 3 classics are favs of mine also.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love this card!! What a great idea and executed perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I knew I liked you right off!!! I LOVE movie classics -- much better than these new tv programs for sure!!! And what a card!!! It's just too cute -- and nostalgic!!!

    Can't wait to hear from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card- the patterned paper is perfect for this and love the black/pink with the tv's- so retro! New follower! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete