Friday, June 10, 2011

Vintage and French

Two of the things I just adore are antique/vintage and french.  I know that I sound like a broken record when I talk of my love for antiques and Country French style.  Well, here I am again speaking of the things I love.  There are a couple of challenges this week that have really sparked my interest because I get to use my favorite things in them.

The first one is the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.  The theme there is vintage appeal.  Oh, when I read what the theme was, I got excited, because I am all about that theme.  My problem this week has been having the time to get around to it.  The second challenge that caught my eye is over at Cooking With Cricut.  The theme there is "Pick Your Poison".  And you ask, "What is that?".  Well, it is using your favorite cartridge and favorite color.  So here is my card.
I just love this vintage style phone from the SUMMER IN PARIS cartridge.  It happens to be a cartridge that I just adore, because I love every cut on it!  I also enjoy using the FRENCH MANOR cartridge which has so many beautiful cuts on it.  But, my all time favorite is the SUMMER IN PARIS cartridge.  Each of the items of the cartridge has a base cut and one additional layer.  They all have a beautiful filigree look.  



And now for my favorite color.  It is french blue.  And I especially love it  when paired with a pale yellow.  So those are the central colors of my card.   I used paper from My Mind's Eye, The Laundry Line stack, for part of the base of the card.  All other papers are from Colorbok, The Flea Market line. I uesd the Tim Holtz paper distresser, (my favorite little gaget) and a gold Colorbox stamp around the edges of the papers.   The three printed borders to the left of the phone and above the ribbon are from K & Company.  The two ribbons I used on the card are from JoAnn's and the gathered lace is from my stash.  
The sweet embellishments I used are from the Colorbok  Flea Market line and Prima.  The sentiment in the top right corner, "a warm hello" is from the Scrappy Moms stamps.  



I am so glad I found the time to complete this card, because I love it!!!!  

Challenges
My Craft Spot   Tie on Ribbon  or Twine
Getting Cricky   Vintage Appeal
Cooking With Cricut   Pick Your Poisin


19 comments:

  1. It's very lovely! I like all of your different layers, colors, and the whole collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-utiful. Especially like the embellishment beads on the telephone.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee:
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the lacey ribbon and the pearls!
    Thanks for playing along with getting Cricky!

    JulieK-Getting Cricky DTM
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous vintage card I love it so soft and pretty.
    Karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, I love the colors. It's so soft looking. Great job! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so pretty! You do know vintage!!! TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your card is beautiful. I love the colors paired with the lace, ribbon, and pearls. Great job.

    Thanks for entering your card in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    ~Ally

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Awesome card, I love all the detail you put into it
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the soft colors and all of the fun details you have added! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! The ribbon and lace and paper you chose are all beautiful together!!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Simply Sunday Challenge!!

    Lots of Love,
    Erika Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card..great colours and beautiful details! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love all the elements you added to this pretty card ! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card--there are so many details that each time I look at it...I see something new. The lace is totally making me love this card. I have summer in paris and have never used it--you have me loving it now!
    Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So pretty, you did a great job with embellishments!

    I am a new follower!

    Rebecca
    Getting Cricky DTM
    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! What a fabulous sentiment. It's just perfect with your card!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you managed to get so many details on this card. I love the vintage look of it. The lace is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh, Charlotte! Love this card! All three of my favorites in one card -- vintage and Country French & blue. Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice. Love the lace. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Charlotte!! I'm so glad you found the time to make this too because I LOVE IT!! So many gorgeous things about your card!! Love all the texture and details!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Getting Cricky with K Andrew last week!! Hope you'll join us again this week for the 'Anything Goes' Challenge!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete