Sunday, June 12, 2011

Emboss It. I Love It.

I just love the look you get when you take a plain piece of paper and run it through the Cuttlebug.  Oh, and I especially love it when you mix the paper colors and the embossing folders.
This is a 6x5" card.  The base is ivory.  I used a black pinstriped mat to help bring out the colors of the card.  The four colored stripes are from my scraps.  They are each embossed with a different folder. 

 The cream and black polka dot  paper is from the DCWV All Dressed Up stack.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to cut the bottom of it.  All of the papers are inked with a Colorbox bronze ink pad.


A sheer tan ribbon with three blue rhinestones were added and then finished off with a flower from Recollections.  This can be a card for anyone on any occasion.

Challenges
Mojo Monday   Sketch
The Shabby Tea Room   Technique Week  Emboss

13 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love the look of the embossing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful rendition of the sketch and our challenge this week! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this card!!!! Love the embossing and the colors are perfect together!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So colorful, bright and cheery!!! Thanks for sharing this card with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!I love simple and fun projects!

    You should enter it over at Getting Cricky. It is anything goes this week!

    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Getting Cricky DTM
    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright and cheery!
    Looks cool with all different embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colors are so pretty together. I love the embossing too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Charlotte! Love the embossing and you rocked the sketch, girl!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card!Great job with the embossings and COOL colors,The flower is sooo pretty Too,As always beautiful work my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! Love the texture and colors. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete