Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

As long as I can remember, I have always done the same thing on the night before Easter.  Eat dinner. Watch The Lawrence Welk show.   (It was always an Easter themed show.)  Take a bath and put on my pajamas.  And then watch the movie, The Ten Commandments.  This I can remember doing since I was 5 years old.  The Lawrence Welk show comes on every Saturday night on PBS.  So, tonight I watched an Easter special that I had watched many years ago.  While watching The Ten Commandments, I made this card for my mom.
I cut the bunnies and grass from GYPSY WANDERINGS.  The Easter egg and Happy Easter sentiment were cut from the EASTER 2010 cartridge. I added some little rhinestone flowers to the egg, and glitter glue to the grass.  And then finished it with a sheer pink ribbon I got at Hobby Lobby.  I just really love the soft, pastel look of this card.  

Tomorrow, I will go to church and then to my parents for Easter lunch.  Happy Easter everyone!!

Challenges
The Shabby Tearoom   Photo inspiration, pasel colors and stripes.
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge   Add a Bunny or Chick
More Than Favors   Wacky Wednesday Easter Theme

14 comments:

  1. Just had to let you know...I finally found that paper distresser at Hobby Lobby and bought it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt realise there were bunnies on the Gypsy Wanderings...thanks for that! What a lovely post about your ritual for the day x TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter!!! Yu mom will love this sweet Easter card :-)Love the bunnies :-) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby tea room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

    Lisa N.
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! Great job on the challenge this week! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful day. Your card is just lovely. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card and sounds like a great Easter tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I'm lovin' the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Bama Girl! Love the soft colors and the glitter. Thanks so much for joining our Easter challenge at Cooking with Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at Cooking With Cricut!

    Stacey ~ CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut! :)

    ~Roberta, CWC Design Team
    www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete