Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Valentine Card

I am really behind in making Valentine cards.  So this week I have got to put it in full gear.  I had planned to spend a good portion of the weekend working on Valentine cards, but those plans got changed.  My mom wanted to go shopping.  So we did that.  She and my dad are both in their 80's and in reasonably good health for their age.  However, my mom has Macular Degeneration, and it has advanced a good bit in the last year.  She does still drive, and is a good driver.  She just does not go outside her "comfort zone".  And she also has difficulty distinguishing between some colors.  So we went shopping all day Saturday.  It was a lot of fun, but we were very tired by the end of the day.  I ate dinner at my parents house and then helped my mom do some things on her computer.  Needless to say, I did not get home until late Saturday night.  Today was church, lunch and then home to work on cards.  But my mom called and wanted to go to Home Depot and select paint for the laundry room and a hall.  So off I went again.  Now it is Sunday night and I am finally working on cards.



This card is made with papers from DCWV.  I used the CRICUT LITE CELEBRATE WITH FLOURISH.  The top layer of the heart I embosses with a Sizzix folder in the Cuttlebug.  The colors are distorted in the photo.  The colors are teal, ecru, and pink.  I don't know why the pink looks orange.  I guess it is the lighting.  I added pink Stickles to the stripes of the heart and added three pearls for a little more flourish.  The little flowers are ecru with silver threads in them.   They have silver brads for the centers.  I purchased them from Michaels.  To the upper left of the heart there is a small"vintage" rose sticker.  I used an ecru and silver braided ribbon to pull it all together. And lastly I added a LOVE stamp also from Michaels.  This card is much prettier than the photo shows. I wish I had better lighting.  

Challenges
Always Crafting   Include a heart, flower, and a Cricut cut.

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the colors. The pink does NOT look orange to me at all. I swear sometimes colors look different on different PC screens. I really enjoyed reading about you spending time with your mom, how sweet. I did get your e-mail, I just have been so busy making projects I had a hop this weekend and today that I was in and worked on those projects none stop. I hope to get caught up with things over the next few days. Thanks for responding and sending me your info again. I think your work is amazing, and so glad that we have become friends. I am looking at the beautiful card you made me right now. I will cherish it always. Thank you for your support of my blog and challenge. Means a lot.

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so I am giving you The Stylish Blog Award.
    To claim your award, simply post a picture of the Stylish Blog Award on your blog.
    You may pick up a copy of the picture from my blog - phollyphlox.blogspot.com
    Also, to claim your award, you must do the following:

    1) Thank the person who gave this award to you and link it back to their blog
    2) Share 8 things about yourself
    3) Pass this award to 8 other individuals that you have recently discovered
    4) Leave a comment so that they can pass along the recognition!

    Congrats!!!


    Phyllis
    phollyphlox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete