Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

Today was very exciting at our school today.  We had our annual Chinese New Year Celebration.  The day began with the kindergarten  parade.  There was a big dragon, lots of lanterns, banners, masks, fans, and musical instruments!!  It was so much fun.  We made a huge dragon for our bulletin board in the hall.  Our class lead the parade with our dragon and beautiful masks!  The school was full of parents and friends.  All other grades sat outside their classrooms in the hall to see the parade.  It was such a great event!!



Several of the teachers at our school had plans to go eat at one of our favorite Chinese restruants  to celebrate the beginning of the new year.  However we had freezing rain this afternoon so we all were anxious to get home from school.  It took forever for all the children to be picked up from school.  Many businesses closed at the same time as schools were dismissing.  Therefore all streets were parking lots and wrecks were everywhere.  But, eventually all children were pocked up and we were able to go home.

This is the card I made to celebrate the new year.


The lanterns are cut from the PAGODA cartridge at 4", 4.25" and 4.50".  After cutting the lanterns I trimmed off the ribbon and tassels from the cut.  I added tiny rope ribbon to the lanterns.  And I frayed it at the bottom for the tassels.  I used K&Company for the paper.  The red foil base paper is from AC Specialty.  The red and gold trim at the bottom of the card came from some of my sewing stash.  The sentiment I created on the computer.  I inked the edges with gold ink.   

I found several cute sentiments on the internet.  The inside sentiment is a digital download.  I just thought it was so cute when I saw it.  


Tomorrow, one of the parents of a child in our class is coming to tell us about his trip to China and show us his photos.  We are excited to hear and see what he has.  

Challenges
My Sheri Crafts  Chinese New Year or Asian Theme
Daring Cardmaking Asian Theme or anything with a rabbit

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love the details you added! Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete