Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge #82 National Card and Letter Writing Month



This past weekend, I went to an AEA Board meeting, a conference, and a protest rally in Montgomery. The AL legislature continues to want to take money from the education budget and use it to extend tax cuts to big business.  Well, as public educators, we are tired of helping businesses on the back of the children of this state.

 While I was gone, my parents kept Jack and Magnolia for me.



One of my good friends took care of Ruby for me.  I was so glad to have friend keep her because I did not want to take her to the vet to stay, and I was not going to be able to take her with me.  Usually Ruby travels with me, but this weekend that was not possible.  I decided to make a set of note cards for my friend for being so kind to take care of Ruby.  



All of the note cards have her last initial on them and yet they are all going to be of different colors and styles.  Here are two of the cards.

The letter "S" was cut from the LYRICAL LETTERS cartridge and the scalloped square was cute from the STORYBOOK cartridge.  I used an EK Success border punch and topped it with a sheer polka dot ribbon and bow.  The gems are from Prima.  And the base mat was embossed with a polka dot folder.

The papers for this card are from K&Co.  The circles are cut with Spellbinders dies.  The letter "S" is cut from the STORYBOOK cartridge.  I used a MS punch to cut the leaves.  A little antique ecru lace was added along with a sheer green bow and a small gold heart charm.  

I thought that with this being National Letter  and Card Writing month, it would be perfect to give my friend some note cards.  I will post the rest of the cards as I finish them.  

Please go over to Cooking With Cricut to see what the design team has cooked up for you.  And then link your project to the challenge page.    






2 comments:

  1. Great note cards and your little fur babies are just too adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Both color combinations are terrific!!

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete