Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Brown and Blue Monogram

I am still in the mist of my quest to complete this set of note cards for a friend.  Good thing she does not know anything about them.  As of now I have completed four and and four to go.  My problem is making a decision of what papers to use and which font to cut.  I should not be so picky.  Well, here is the one I made tonight.


I used paper from the Ella Blue stack by G. C. D.  I really love all the papers in the stack.  The pretty blue die cut label is from the SPELLBINDERS Parisian Motif set.  Everything in this set is just gorgeous.  The toile ribbon, I have had for a year or so.  I got it when Hobby Lobby was having a sale and just knew the right time would come to use it.  It looks as if it was created to use with this paper.   The monogram "S" is from the NURSERY RHYMES cartridge.  It is simple but elegant.  I did a little inking with Versa Magic ink.  Finally I added some gem clusters from Prima.  After all the thought I put into this, i think it turned out very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment