Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whooo Goes There?

My sweet friend Sheila, at She's A Sassy Lady did a great Gypsy Made Simple tutorial of an A2 wide card with an owl welded to it.  Well, I love using my Gypsy.  I got it for my birthday last October.  And I have not used a cartridge in my Cricut since.  I tend to take my Gypsy with me where ever I go.  (Just in case I have the time and need to create something with it.)  It has also made my life easier making things for my classroom.  I just take my Gypsy to school with me instead of a bunch of cartridges.  I have a Cricut in my classroom as well as one at home.

Now, back to my project.  After watching Sheila's tutorial and seeing her cute cards, I decided to make one myself.

Sheila used an owl from the Hoot and Holler cart.  But, since I do not have that one, I just found me a cute little owl from the Give A hoot cartridge.  And here it is.  I used a pale olive green to cut the card base.  And the background paper is from a Glitz Design pack.  The paper used to create the owl is from My Mind's Eye.  
I used a few gold balls to add a little bling along with some leaf dimensional stickers.  And I tied a ribbon and bow to the card that matches the card base.  
The inside of the card has the Glitz Paper for the background.  I added a sentiment suing a stamp from The Oriental Trading Company.  And I finished the inside with some more of the dimensional leaves.  

Thanks Sheila, for the great inspiration!  You always share such great ideas.




3 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable!!! Sheila will be so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charotte this card turned out adorable! Love the colors you chose, so much brighter than mine. Thanks for sharing and playing along at She's a Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! Love the touch of all the leaves!

    ReplyDelete