Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sewing With Buttons and Bows

Here is a card I made using the NIFTY FIFTIES cartridge.  I just love the sewing machine on that cartridge.

I recently got some new stamps with a sewing theme that I have been eager to use.  The stamps are from Clear Art Stamps.  This set is of stamps is just adorable, and I look forward to using all of them.



The two little buttons on the card are from my grandmother's button tin.  She kept all her buttons in a big round tin container.  I think assorted cookies may have been packaged in the tin.   The two little pearl cluster stickers I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I feel the need to buy some more.  I also threaded the sewing machine with DMC embroidery thread.  


The butterfly, corner punch, and patterned paper are from K&Company.  The base paper and sewing machine are made with Recollections paper.  And the gold paper on the sewing machine is from AC Specialties.  The sheer rose pink ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  

Challenges
The Kraft Journal  buttons and bows
More Than Favors   Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..love the dress form image and the added buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty with a lovely vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love everything about it. You did such a great job. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs,
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your card is Amazing with all the great details and colours!SUPER job my friend,I love everything about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very, very sweet this is! I love the whole sewing theme, and love that sewing machine. Adore that you even threaded it with floss. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful--I love the tulle on it, and the pearl clusters--wow! Just great color palette and embellies!

    Thank you so much for playing along in my challenge at Getting Cricky!

    big cricky hugs,
    kristal of getting cricky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card with SEW many details (pun intended!)... thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the combination of stamped images with the machine. Your embellishments are a fantastic way to finish things off. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much for joining the Sew Fabulous challenge at Getting Cricky!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    Guest designer for Getting Cricky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card with a great elegant vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, what a beautiful card!! I love the pearl embellishments you added AND that awesome stamp set!! Congrats on WINNING over at Getting Cricky -- I can't wait to see what you make next!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete