Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ruby's First Week

Ruby has been here in her forever home a week now.  We had a little scare one day last week and I took her to the vet.  She was coughing a good bit and that is about the worst thing to happen when going through heart worm treatment.  I took her to the vet on my way to school and needless to say that was a very long day for me.  I could not wait for the school day to end so I could get to the vet to check on her.  Well, the the coughing had nothing to do with the heart worms.  I got new meds for her and a new plan of care and took her home.  She seems to be doing great now.  She has a great appetite, takes her meds and seems to feel right at home.

Ruby is just the sweetest little dog I have ever known.  She is so polite, and calm.  She does not bark, even when Jack and Magnolia and barking their heads off.  She comes when she is called and has not had any potty accidents.  I still cannot understand how anyone would have mistreated her and neglected her so.  I still am so thankful and grateful to Laurie Shaw at the Jackson County SPCA. She got Ruby the best of medical treatment and took such good care of her.  I credit her with saving Ruby's life.  These couple of pictures of her are really not the best.  But that is my fault, because I woke her up to take the pictures.  She is a sleepy girl now.  
Here she is in the middle of the sofa with Jack to her right and Magnolia to her left.   So far, they are getting a long.  So after a week, I would say, all is great!  Ruby, I am so glad I found you.  You are just a doll.



3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! What a sweet little face. I hope she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first photo there reminds me so much of our Shih Tzu, Gracie -- she gets "bed beard" too. So glad Ruby is settling in to her new digs and that everyone is getting along.

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete