Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mojo Monday 240

Mojo Monday has a wonderful sketch this week for their challenge.



I began making a set of monogram cards for a friend, Nancy, at school who is very helpful to me and my class and also a great friend.  Whenever I go out of town she keeps my sweet Ruby.  My parents usually keep Jack and Magnolia while I am gone.  They are more comfortable just keeping two dogs and they have been keeping Jack and Magnolia for me when I travel since I have had them.

Back to the monogram cards.  When I started making them of Nancy, I decided to make a set for my friend Linda, who is the aide to the kindergarten teachers.  She is really far more than an aide.  Linda is so tech savvy and knowledgeable so many things, she could really run the school.  Linda too is far more than a colleague.  she is a dear friend.  So I have mad a dozen cards for each of them.  Here is one of the cards.


The background is stamped with the JustRite harlequin background stamp.  The circle medallion and label are both cut with Spellbinder dies.  I use the Cricut\ Birthday Bash cartridge  to cut the banner and the Cricut Storybook to cut the letter"S".  The paper for this card is from the Paper Source.  I added lace from my stash with sequined ribbon from Michaels.  And finished the card with gems from Recollections.

Challenge
Mojo Monday   Sketch

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and it matches the sketch perfectly.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is gorgeous! It's so bright, sparkly, and just bursting with beauty. It is incredibly sweet of you to make so many cards for your sweet colleagues/friends. They will appreciate your kindness! I love how you incorporated so many patterns and elements. The background stamp is stunning! Fantastic work as always, Charlotte. It is *always* a pleasure to visit you! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete