Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge #84 Teacher Appreciation

First and foremost, I must state that as a kindergarten teacher of 30+ I really cannot stand anything with a 'Teacher Theme" about it.  I mean like how many "teacher coffee mugs" does one need.  Years ago for Christmas one year I received a sweater with a school bus, books, apples, and a playground on it from a child in my class.  I had to wear it to school because a child gave it to me.  All of my friends at school that day fell out laughing at me and took pictures of me that day.  The only good thing about me wearing it was that I provided good entertainment to my friends.  You see, they feel the same way I do about all of that stuff.  Here are some other "teacher goodies" I have received through the years.  Button covers, coffee mug, decorative pillow, coffee mug, an eraser with my name on it, coffee mug, serving platter with a school painted on it, coffee mug, all kinds of things with apples on them.  So, one thing for sure, I am not making anything for this project that looks like a teacher.

I teach in a wonderful school.  All teachers and children should be so lucky to go to work and learn at my school.  Our art teacher is one of the most generous people I know.  I seem to be using things from her room all the time in my class.  She will not let me repay her for anything I borrow.  So I have made her a card to go with a special surprise I have for her.  Here is my "non-teacher" card for her.


I used the trim on the card for my inspiration.  I just love this trim because it is so cheerful.  The The scallop circle and frame are from the ELEGANT EDGES cartridge.  All paper is from the DCWV Kitchen stack.  I added a Recollection flourish of blue gems. The buttons are from my button box and I tied a little twine to the large button.  The stamp,"For someone special" is from Just Rite Stamps.   

Please go and visit all of the design team members and see what they have created.  Then, be sure to link your Teacher Appreciation project up over at Cooking With Cricut.

9 comments:

  1. Cute!
    Love the bold trim on the side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and I love the colour and the "bling" well! that just makes it extra special for me and I stick bling on anything .... even coffee mugs ... do you know where I can get some !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the trim! I need to hang out with you in the notions department as you always seem to find the best trim for cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet card! I agree with Shelia, you always find neat trim for your projects... Maybe you can give us some lessons?

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card and love the color palette

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant and beautiful, Charlotte!! The trim is gorgeous!! What an awesome card my friend...I love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your comments. I so understand after teaching 33 years. In fact I used some of the button covers you were talking about on my project this week. LOL Beautiful card. Love the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, my beautiful friend!!! I've only been working to get here f-o-r-e-v-e-r to see you and your wonderful projects... lol!!!

    Wanted to get by to at least say hello as it's been awhile! I've scanned ahead and seen some of your wonderful creations, and you haven't lost your touch at all, my friend! This recent card is aweseome and I just love the trim!

    I hope to not be so long in getting back again although I still have a lot of catching up to do, but know you're in my thoughts! Couldn't forget about you if I wanted too... I love ya too much!

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color palette on this card, Charlotte! (Of course who doesn't love orange and blue together!! LOL!) You will be pleased to know that I didn't use a single apple or traditional "school-teacher" color on my Teacher Appreciation gift for Demi's teachers. No coffee mugs either! Hopefully I will get it posted tomorrow or the next day.

    ReplyDelete