Monday, January 16, 2012

Card Party With She's A Sassy Lady

This past Friday night I went to a card making/swap party at the home of Sheila, She's a Sassy Lady.  I am sure most everyone knows Sheila and her wonderful blog.  If not, you must check her out.  She has amazing designers and she also has some of the most wonderful Gypsy Files that you can download on her blog.

When Sheila and I met (face to face) last summer, we began to talk about getting a group of folks together to do some crafting.  Our problem was that neither of us knew many people who did this.  Well, over tome Sheila put this party together.  There were 7 of us there. We were to make at least 1 card to show and bring all of the materials needed for everyone to make the card at the party as it was demonstrated.  I invited my oldest friend, Linda, to go.  She has been scrapbooking for years but never made a card.  This was her first.
Isn't this a beautiful card.  It has so many beautiful elements to it.  And it is so hard to believe that Linda got her Cricut for Christmas and this was her first project using it, and her first card.  It is GORGEOUS!!

There were so many cut cards there That we made.  Take a look at these.  Shelia made these beautiful cards.
 The little pink one is a gift card holder.  It is a die cut from Emma at My Creative Time.  The teapot card had two teabags inside it.  The Gypsy cut for the card is on Sheila's blog.  And the little penguin and igloo card is about the cutest ever!!

Take a look at these cute Valentine cards.


We also made this little tissue holder.
What a great sentiment for the tissue holder....God Bless You.

And these are the two cards that I took for everyone to make.
It was just a great night!  Sheila had prizes.  I won a DCWV paper pack.  We had great snacks!  And we all made not only new cards, but new friends!!  Doesn't get much better than that.  

Than you so much Sheila.  you are truly a Sassy Lady




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a great time by all! I love getting together with friends for craft night. You all have amazing cards that you did! They look awesome! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda's card turned out beautiful, as are all the cards!!! Glad you all had such a great time, I really wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you took photos of all the cards.... I am so impressed with all the cards we did, and we had so many new card makers! And new friends for everyone! I had a ball at my own party... It was amazing and so much fun that I can't wait till we have the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so inspired by all of them. I am new to blog hoppin and beginner craft person, you all have such talent and glad that you share it for someone like me to stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you all inspire me! I am new to crafting and enjoy seeing all of the beautiful creations from you. Im hooked!

    ReplyDelete