Saturday, April 13, 2013

Arbor Day

Time for Arbor Day and the design team at My Sheri Crafts is ready to celebrate and we are asking you to join in the fun.


This A2 card begins with an ecru base.  I love this tree.  It is a cut on the Cricut Wall Decor and More cartridge.  I wanted to add some dimention and texture to the card.  So, I embossed the green mat with a whimsy leaves folder.  I then added an addition mat of muted greens and blues.  the mates are inked in bronze.  The sentiment is a sticker.  I just think it fits well with the looks of the card.  And, because I like embellishment so much, I just had to add the little gem cluster.  


I think this next card just speaks Arbor Day!
This is also an A2 card.  It has a white base.  The papers for this card are from This & That by Lori Whitcock.  The apple tree is cut from the Cricut Freshly Picked cartridge.  I embossed the tan root bag to give it more of a burlap look.  The leaves cut of the tree is embossed with a leaves embossing folder. The tree sits on one of my favorite Spellbinders labels.  It is inked with gold.  The little sentiment tag is
 from a stamp set I found in the $1.00 bin at JoAnns.  And I finished the card with a shiny green ribbon
 and three little green gems.

Please join us for our Arbor Day challenge by making a project with a tree, or something that represents nature.  Just go to My Sheri Crafts and add your project there.  You will also want to visit the blogs of the wonderful design team and see all the amazing projects they have created.

Thank you so nuch for dropping by.  Please come back often.

9 comments:

  1. Wow Charlotte, making two cards in one post! You go girl! I can't believe how the two cards are so different from each other! The second one is so spring like, and so bright and colorful! The first card has a warm feel to it! Nice job on both cards Charlotte! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, I LOVE both your cards -- your first is fabulous and I love that quote and your second is just so perfect for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know it was Arbor day, but I know all the trees are blooming at my house! LOVE your cards! So cute!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Cards, the 2nd is my favorite! Love the bright colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Charlotte! Love all your pretty details on each one!
    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte,
    Both your cards are so different and both lovely. I do like the first one.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte
    Love how both of these are so different and yet so uniquely adorable!!! Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte, the flourishes on your first card are pretty and I love the fun colors and bling on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte these are both great! I love both of the tree cuts!

    ReplyDelete