Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is Finally Here

Today the kindergarten classes at my school went to Old Bakers Farm.  This is the oldest family working farm in Alabama.  It is over 200 years old and has been operated by the Baker family for over 100 years.  Over six generations of the Baker family have operated the farm.  We love going there to see the animals, pick cotton,  and go on a hayride to the pumpkin fields to pick a pumpkin.  But, the best thing of all is that we eat lunch in the top of the barn sitting on bails of hay.

Now to say all of that, I will tell you that today the temperature was 89 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  We were soooooo hot.  It just seemed awkward picking a pumpkin in such heat.  But, fall weather is on the way.  A cold front is coming in and we will have nighttime lows in the 30's and daytime highs in the 50's.  I am thrilled.  So here is a card to celebrate some real fall weather.

The card base is a buttery yellow from The Vintage Fashion Colors pack by The Paper Company.  The mat is ivory card stock that was embossed with a pumpkin vine folder.  I inked the mat with bronze and brown inks.  The bottom of the mat was cut with a Martha Stewart wildflower border punch.  

Now for a little creativity, I took some mustard gold braided trim and ribbon weaved it.  I then cut flowers from an old sewing pattern.  I layered different sizes and shapes of flower petals with a brad that I had cut and then inked the edges with several different Tim Holtz distress ink pads.  I added a glittered epoxy sticker to the flower center.  I attached the flower to the braided trim with the brad.  The  the woven trim was attached to the card with scor-tape.  The sentiment is from K Andrew Designs.  And to finish the card, I added three little orange gems from Recollections.

I now have some pretty fall cards that will go just perfect with the weather to come this week!  Thanks for stopping by.  Come back and visit often.

Challenges

4 comments:

  1. I love that ruffle trim detail. It reminds me ofthe ruffles we see in the fashion world now. So pretty. Thanks for linking this to the Rea Room challenge this week. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, I love this beautiful card!!! The ruffles just make it sooo elegant and victorian!!! Just beautiful and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute an elegant. Smooches... Sous Chef Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card. I love the embossing and the ruffle trim!

    ReplyDelete