Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Pickin' Time

last week we celebrated the birthday of American legend, John Chapman, more commonly know as Johnny Appleseed.  I teach kindergarten.  And this is one of the most fun times of the year for us.  I love this time of year because I know that it is the first sign that fall is here and the weather will be getting coolor.   You can visit my class blog HERE.  The class blog is for family and friends of our class so they may have a better idea of what we are doing in school.  Typically kindergarteners will answer the question, "What did you do in school today?' with either "Play", "Nothing", or "I don't know".

Here is a card I made while thinking about all the apple activities we did last week.


The basket was cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge.  I inked it with bown, bronze and gold Colorbox ink pads.  I then used a brown colored pencil to add some distress lines to it.  The brads are from Recollections.   The apples were cut from the Country Life and Simply Charmed carts.  


The little sentiment stamps are from K Andrew Designs
The little bee stickers are from Jolee's Boutique.



I made this as a shape card just for a little extra fun.  

Now, I think I'll go and eat an apple and enjoy this pretty fall day.  And guess what, it is much cooler outside!!  I love it!

Challenges
Cooking With Cricut   Apples and or Honey


11 comments:

  1. I love this card, looks real almost, and your dogs are adorable!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apple basket! Great shaped card! The little bees are so cute! Thanks for your visit!
    It is a gorgeous day in our area too..I love Fall!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Charlotte! The basket looks sooo real and the apples are adorable!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Charlotte!!! Oh how sweet and adorable this card is!!! Looks so real -- like I could just reach right in and grab one of those apples!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a sweet comment! I'm feeling much better; now if I could just make my hubby realize that... lol!!!

    Hugs, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to make this basket. Yours is great! I guess I'd better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    great job on this apple basket!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, love your apple card Charlotte
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fun card for Fall! Love the shape and all the neat details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab fun card Charlotte and such a clever design...beautiful card sweetie :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. REally cute Card! I love the apples in the basket and all the little details. SUPER!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, Charlotte! Love your apple basket with its honey bees flitting around. Great detailing on the basket, too! Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete