Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sometimes, Less Is More

I wanted to share three cards I have recently made for friend's birthdays.  They are all three very simple, yet elegant.  I think in the case of each of these cards,  more would just be too much.  So take a look and tell me what you think.


The card is made with the SUMMER IN PARIS cartridge.  The card base, gold glittered paper, is from My Minds Eye.  The rose colored paper is from K-i Memories.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug in the swirls folder.  The paper itself has swirls on it.  As for the wine bottle and glass, the base paper is from K&Company and the top is from the Brocade "value pack" from JoAnn's.  I found the ribbon at Hobby Lobby.  And the inside of the card says...


Looking at this card makes me want to go sit down, relax, and have a nice glass of wine.


This next birthday card is also made with the SUMMER IN PARIS cartridge.  I just love this cartridge.  My favorite style of decorating is Country French.  So this cartridge just suits me perfectly.


All of the papers used to make this card are from a value pack I got at JoAnn's.  I ran the french blue paper through the cuttlebug just so the the card would have a subtle element of dimension. It was also inked around the edges with a copper ink.  The ribbon came from Hobby Lobby.  And here is the inside of the card.



In keeping with the Country French style,  here is one of my favorite cards I have ever made.


The chair was cut with the Sentimentals cartridge.  The paper is K&Company.  The  rose colored paper was run through the Cuttlebug and cut with an EK border punch.  The ribbon came from Michaels.  I just love this sheer leopard print ribbon.  And I found it in the $1.oo bin!!   And here is the inside of the card.


I used the Cricut Lite cartridge Lacey Labels to cut the label.  I thought the style of this label fit the style of the card perfectly.  Tell me what you think about these simple cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment