Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halloween card for the Cricut Cardz Challenge

The challenge is to create a Halloween card using the card feature from any cartridge.  So here is my card.
 I chose to use the A Child's Year cartridge, making a teacup card.  The paper is a tone on tone large polka dot from K&Company.  I especially liked this paper for the card, because it is reversible.  The spider web and spider are from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.  I tied a candy corn ribbon around the bottom of the card and decorated the cup with a purple and green flower with a glittered center brad.  Just for a little extra fun, I added a scarecrow brad and a little bling at the top.

And now for the inside of the card.  I cut a small piece of the orange polka dot paper and hit the corners with the Martha Stewart corner spider web punch.  I then added the sentiment, "Eat, drink and be scary" with foam tape.  And of course, a little bling.

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh a cup of spooky tea please lol!!!! love the creative design and festive paper thanks for playing along with us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I had such a great time making this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and creative! Love the idea of the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, a halloween teacup. Love how you decorted it. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, I love the teacup and paper on the inside is perfect. I got do a teacup card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice that you decorated the inside too. Don't you just love K&Company paper? I'm a big fan too. Thanks for playing with us at CCC.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    CCC Team #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love that you made a tea cup, how creative! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Tea Cup! Very Creative! :o)
    Thanks for joining us over at CCC! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic choice for a shape card! Amazing! Thanks for playing with us over at the CCC :)

    crazyaboutcricut

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER creative. I love that you used a cup. So cute.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete