Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Birthday Tag For My Mom

Next week, my mom will be celebrating her 87th birthday.  I already have her gift purchased and know how I am going to wrap it.  Here is the tag I have made to go along with her gift.


I used Bo Bunny paper stack Garden Girl to create the tag.  The tag was cut in two sizes from the Cricut ART PHILOSOPHY cartridge.  I created and added an additional mat to the tag.  This mat was made using the Harlequin Script Background Mat from Just Rite Stampers.  This is a beautiful large background mat.


Here is a photo of the little mat on the tag.  I rounded the corners of the mat to better fit the tag.


I added some antique ecru lace, from my sewing stash, and a border cutout from the Paper Studio to the bottom of the tag.

For the semtiment label I used two sizes of the Spellbinders Label # 20.  After cutting and embossing, I did a little inking with purple, and copper.  The center of the sentiment label is a scalloped circle also from Spellbinders.  This was cut with ecru paper.  After embossing, I inked it with some copper, olive green, and mauve.  The sentiment is from a birthday stamp set from Just Rite Stampers.  


I used some flowers from my stash to embellish the top of the tag.  To the flowers I added a few leaves  that I punched out with a MS punch.  And to the bottom of the tag, I chose some pink Recollection Flourish gems for the embellishment.


And as you can see I finished the tag by tying a purple ribbon to it and then using a sheer taupe ribbon and bow to adorn it.  I am excited about my mom's upcoming birthday and look forward to the look on her face when she sees her gift.  Come back next week and see how everything was gift wrapped.  
So glad you dropped by for a visit. Hope tp see you back real soon!

Challenges
Just Rite Stampers   Tag, You'r It!



10 comments:

  1. Oooh, beautiful colors, and bling. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful tag. So much to look at. TFS

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquiste. Your mother is going to love this tab just as much as she is going to love the gift. This is a beautiful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Charlotte, your tag is beautiful!!! It is really elegant! Your Mom will just LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project and I am sure your mum will love it Happy Birthday to your mum on the day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte I just love this great tag. I know your mother will love it. Such detail! AWESOME. Thanks for sharing at She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo GORGEOUS, Charlotte! LOVE every sweet little detail and know your Mom will too! She'll truly appreciate the love you put into it and her gift!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an AWESOME tag! I love all the inking and layering....SO PRETTY! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete